October 2015 Newsletter
Happy October! We have 6 things for you in this month's newsletter.
- "Much of the obesity research for the past century has focused on elucidating behavioral techniques that could induce the obese to eat less, tolerate hunger better, and so, by this logic, lose weight. The obesity epidemic suggests that it has failed."
- Try this great full body stretch for improved rotation.
- The right amount of exercise for the aging brain
- "Positive emotions broaden the scopes of attention and cognition, and, by consequence, initiate upward spirals toward increasing emotional well-being".
- "Findings showed that adults who slept fewer than five hours a night had 50 percent more calcium in their coronary arteries than those who slept seven hours. Those who slept nine hours or more a night had even worse outcomes, with 70 percent more coronary calcium compared to those who slept seven hours."
6) We see 2 types of patients: 1) Patients that do too little exercise 2) Patients that do too much exercise
We've started sharing an exercise of the week every Wednesday on our Facebook page. Check it out to improve your movement.