September 2014 Newsletter
Hope you had a great August! First, we have a quick announcement. We have a new physical therapist at DSPT - Iwalani Crush. Iwalani is a very talented physical therapist from Hawaii who has experience with orthopedics, pelvic floor/women's health, and pediatrics. We’re excited to have her on the team!
And as always, we have 5 things for you in this month's newsletter.
- "People who avoid carbohydrates and eat more fat, even saturated fat, lose more body fat and have fewer cardiovascular risks than people who follow the low-fat diet that health authorities have favored for decades, a major new study shows."
- "Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity." ~John F. Kennedy
- Here are 10 reasons why you should crawl like a baby during your next workout.
- "If you get 6 hours of sleep per night for two weeks straight, your mental and physical performance declines to the same level as if you had stayed awake for 48 hours straight."
- Marathon season is in full force. Make sure you have good proximal/core stability to give your legs a stable base to move from. Try this exercise to stay stable.
We offer 2 FREE Functional Movement Screens every week. These screens help assess your asymmetries, movement patterns, and risk of injury. Call to schedule one today.
Golf season is in full swing. We offer Titleist Performance Screens to prevent injuries and increase performance. Call today to bring your golf game to the next level.
If you have any of these symptoms, you may have a vestibular disorder. DSPT is now specialized in treating Vestibular issues. Give us a call if you need any help.